How can Counselling and Psychotherapy Services Help You
Seeking counselling or psychotherapy does not mean in ANY WAY that there is something “wrong” with you or “needing a fix”; quite the opposite. Asking for counselling, psychotherapy or therapeutic support is a statement about wanting to help yourself move forward; it is an opportunity for positive change that requires courage and honesty. The therapeutic process is in itself an open-ended journey; a shared process of exploration between you and me, where a relationship of trust is built to find solutions together. What you bring to our sessions may be challenging; and at times, you may find it difficult to talk about it and to share the depth of your story with me.
I use diverse counselling and psychotherapy methods and techniques to help you make new meaning and move forward in a life enhancing way. By taking a closer look at what lies underneath your struggles and challenges, you can resolve that which appears to be blocking or holding you back, free yourself from limiting ways of relating and behaving, change past conditioning, awaken to your creative talents and intuition, develop a sense of personal power and freedom, deepen your enjoyment in life as well as your capacity to love and be loved.
Many possible reasons to seek Counselling and Psychotherapy Services
- You may be experiencing depression, stress, anxiety, insomnia, phobia, fear nightmares, suicidal thoughts or you may be suffering from PTSD symptomatology and wanting to heal wounds from past trauma and abuse.
- You may be struggling with body image and low self-esteem issues or finding yourself unable to express and bottling up feelings such as anger, grief, sadness, frustration, sorrow, hurt and embarrassment.
- Perhaps you feel lonely, lost, confused, stuck, flat, unmotivated, disinterested, dissatisfied or unfulfilled with your life or you are struggling find direction and focus and unable to change familiar patterns of behaviour.
- You could be facing challenges in your relationships, finding yourself at this stage in your life at a crossroads, having a personal crisis, going through a major life transition or having the sense that something is missing in your life.
- You are looking for some support around having a better work- life balance or you are experiencing a desire for creative self-expression and authenticity.
- You may be also wanting to explore qualities and talents that might be hidden and seeking to emerge or having a yearning for spiritual connection and integration.